Friday, May 20, 2011

addition to my goals..

I'm already working on the things I need to get done to reach my goals for December. My workout today will consist of a long walk and strengthening exercises. Awesome. And, for the first time I will actually try to listen to my body and only eat when I'm hungry and be smart about what I eat, too. Food has been my frienemy for way too long.. Longer story about that later on.

Another thing I recently discovered was that.. The big group of girls I've known since grade 1 and have always considered my best friends.. Are over me. They don't want anything to do with me and apparently have no intentions of ever spending time with me again. Great friends? I think so!

It started when I went to the US as a foreign exchange student two years ago. When I came back, the girls had kind of formed a new kind of friendship. A let's-be-best-friends-exclusively-and-not-give-others-a-chance-to-become-a-part-of-the-new-fake-friendship-we-have sorta thing. Even when I was feeling depressed for so long after getting back and having to leave my American family behind, they were nowhere to be found. Wow. Don't I feel special.
I know if I confronted them they would magically turn the situation around to being about me not telling them how I feel or being smart enough to ask them to help me. When you're best friends, you're not supposed to ask for help. Sometimes people can use their heads and realize on their own that people close to them are hurting and that they should do something about it.


So.. A new goal has been added to my list. Make friends. New ones.
I mean, of course I have friends, but I miss having a big group of friends that do stuff together all the time.. I had one of the best groups ever in the US. But no chance getting that back. So, by Christmas I hope to at least have some plans with new friends for the weekends!
Now, where can I find me some friends.. ?


Love and matching earrings,
Maria

2 comments:

  1. you shouldnt care about ur exfriends if they acted the way they did it just means theyre fake.and who wants that?fake ppl want fake friends!!lol you should be happy ur not friends with tem anymore ;) believe me, its not easy to get real genuin friends and you'll always meet alot of fake bitches during your life and sometimes you even have to be one yourself to get what you want!! thats life!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very true :) Thank you so much, I know now that they're not worth my time at all.

    ReplyDelete